The first life you change when you become a coach is your own.
Coaching Resources | Podcast, Articles & More
Coach Academy Podcast
All about communication, connection and coaching.
Meet Our Director of Training
Find out what goes into crafting the best coach training programs.
Do I need a specific degree to become a coach?
No, a specific degree is not mandatory. Many successful coaches come from diverse educational backgrounds, emphasizing skills, experience, and certification.
What's the difference between coaching and counseling?
Coaching is forward-focused, emphasizing goal-setting and action plans, while counseling typically involves exploring past experiences and emotions to bring about healing.
Can I specialize in multiple coaching niches?
Absolutely. Many coaches find success in diversifying their skills across multiple niches, adapting to the unique needs and interests of their clients.
How do I find clients as a new coach?
Utilize networking, leverage social media platforms, and consider offering pro bono sessions initially to build your client base and establish credibility.
How much do coaches typically charge?
Coaching rates vary, but on average, coaches charge between $100 to $300 per hour. Factors like experience, niche, and geographic location can influence rates.
What's the demand for niche coaches like life or career coaching?
High. As individuals seek personal and professional development, the demand for niche coaching, such as life or career coaching, continues to rise.
How long does it take to complete a coaching certification program?
Certification programs typically range from a few months to a year, depending on the program and your pace of study.
How do I choose my coaching niche?
Identify your passions and strengths, consider the areas where you can make the most impact, and explore the needs of potential clients.
Can I offer coaching services online?
Absolutely, online coaching is common and allows for a global client base. Platforms like Zoom, Skype, or dedicated coaching platforms facilitate seamless virtual coaching sessions.
What are the different ICF certification levels?
There are 3 levels of ICF certification:
1. ACC (Associate Certified Coach):
- ACC is the first level of ICF certification, indicating a coach has completed foundational coach training hours and demonstrated coaching competence.
- Learn more about ICF ACC certification requirements.
2. PCC (Professional Certified Coach):
- PCC is the second level, indicating a higher level of coaching skill and experience.
- Learn more about ICF PCC certification requirements.
3. MCC (Master Certified Coach):
- MCC is the highest level, indicating a coach's mastery of the art and science of coaching.
- Learn more about ICF MCC certification requirements.
World Class Facilitators
Your journey to becoming a certified coach starts here.